Kimpton Launches ‘Great Meetings, Great Causes’ Program
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants has launched “Great Meetings, Great Causes,” an innovative program offering eco- and social responsibility incentives to meeting planners and clients. An out-of-the-box approach to traditional incentive programs, “Great Meetings, Great Causes” offers clients who book meetings at Kimpton hotels nationwide the choice of two of the following five incentives:
• Complimentary meeting upgrade to Kimpton’s environmentally-themed EarthCare meeting;
• $100 donation to one of Kimpton’s not-for-profit partners (The Trust For Public Land, Dress for Success and local HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness charities nationwide), or the client’s charitable partner of choice;
• Greensender.com box to help anyone get started or continue incorporating green practices into their daily lives with items such as an eco-friendly aluminum water bottle, reusable grocery bag, and energy-efficient light bulb;
• One complimentary night at a Kimpton hotel, all of which maintain Kimpton’s rigorous EarthCare practices and standards; or
• A $50 gift certificate to KimptonStyle, the online lifestyle retailer which donates all of Kimpton’s proceeds to its non-for-profit partners.
“Kimpton is taking the next step toward sustainability by offering our business partners solutions for traveling smarter and greener,” says Jesse Suglia, corporate director of hotel sales at Kimpton. “Corporate meetings are the next frontier in bringing together companies that share a commitment to environmental and social responsibility.”
In addition to earth-friendly and socially responsible meeting incentives, Kimpton can also suggest ways for meeting planners to travel with less impact on the planet including the reduction of printed materials, use of filtered versus bottled water, sourcing of organic and locally grown foods and beverages where possible and the opportunity to participate directly with an environmental organization.
For more information, please visit Kimpton Hotels' website.